Thursday, December 28, 2017

League Design Articles

From the deep recesses of my memory, I recently recalled that I very, very, VERY briefly started a blog to publish my Power Points (I always hated that name ESPN came up with) shortly after I finished law school.  But a new legal career and a young child at home meant I did not have the time to calculate my NFL power ratings, especially since others had come up with a ratings system incredibly similar to my own.

Four years ago I left my long-term full-roster salary cap league with a long list of ideas, improvements, and fixes that I wanted and started a new league.  In my opinion, it's the best league I've ever played in, been associated with, or even heard about.  Two years ago, I gave in to my brother-in-law's request, and started a new dynasty league.  And last year I joined two other complex leagues to explore different features and types of leagues out there.  This is on top of the numerous other leagues I've played in over the decades, including my home league that is going strong after 28 seasons.  

In the past month or two, I've been wanting to put my thoughts about league design, and the pluses and minuses of various ideas in writing.  What you will find hereafter is the result,

Thanks to all who take the time to read.  And I would very much like to receive feedback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment